Ultimate Review of Montana Sports Betting (2023)
Montana, known for its breathtaking landscapes and outdoor activities, has now embraced the thrilling world of sports betting. With the recent legalization of sports betting, enthusiasts can now engage in their favorite sports while adding an extra layer of excitement through wagering. In this blog, we will delve into the details of Montana sports betting, its history, rules and regulations, popular sports for betting, what is prohibited, and how to get started.
Montana Sports Betting History
- 2019: In May 2019, Montana passed a bill to legalize sports betting, becoming one of the early states to do so after the repeal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
- Montana Lottery Authority: The bill granted the Montana Lottery Authority the responsibility to regulate and oversee sports betting activities within the state.
- March 2020: Montana witnessed its first legal Montana sports bets being placed in March 2020, marking the official launch of sports betting operations.
- Retail Sportsbooks: Initially, sports betting was limited to retail locations, such as licensed bars and taverns, where electronic kiosks were set up to accept wagers.
- Mobile Betting: Following the initial launch, mobile sports betting was also introduced, allowing bettors to place their bets conveniently through mobile apps and websites.
- Licensed Operators: Licensed operators were required to partner with established technology providers to offer reliable and secure platforms for Montana sports betting.
- In-Person Registration: To engage in mobile sports betting, bettors were required to complete an in-person registration process at a licensed sportsbook or an alternative registration location designated by the Montana Lottery.
- Growth and Expansion: Over time, the number of licensed operators and available betting options increased, providing a more diverse and competitive market for Montana sports bettors.
- Revenue and Taxation: The introduction of legal MT sports betting also brought in additional revenue for the state through taxes and licensing fees paid by operators.
- Ongoing Developments: Montana continues to refine and update its regulations surrounding sports betting, keeping up with industry trends and addressing any challenges that may arise.
Montana Sports Betting Rules and Regulations
- Legalization: Montana legalized sports betting in May 2019, following the repeal of the federal ban on sports betting known as the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
- Regulatory Authority: The Montana Lottery oversees and regulates sports betting activities within the state, including the issuance of licenses and enforcement of regulations.
- Licensing: Sports betting operators must obtain a license from the Montana Lottery to legally offer their services to the public. Only licensed operators are permitted to accept bets.
- Age Restriction: The legal age for participating in Montana sports betting is 18 years or older. Bettors must provide proof of age during the registration process.
- Mobile Betting: Montana allows mobile sports betting, which means bettors can place wagers using their smartphones or other electronic devices. However, an initial in-person registration at a licensed sportsbook or designated registration location is required.
- Geolocation: To ensure compliance with state boundaries, licensed operators utilize geolocation technology to verify that bets are placed within the state of Montana.
- Prohibited Events: Betting on high school sports events is strictly prohibited. Additionally, non-sporting events like political elections or entertainment award shows are not eligible for wagering.
- Responsible Gambling: Sports betting Montana promotes responsible gambling practices and provides resources for individuals who may need assistance with gambling-related issues. Operators are required to offer tools for self-exclusion and responsible gambling limits.
- Taxation: Sports betting operators in Montana are subject to taxation on their revenue. Tax rates may vary, and the generated revenue contributes to the state’s budget.
- Compliance and Audits: The Montana Lottery conducts regular compliance checks and audits to ensure that licensed operators comply with regulations and maintain the integrity of sports betting.
Popular Sports for Betting in Montana
Montana sports betting enthusiasts can indulge in a wide range of popular sports. Some of the most commonly wagered-on sports include:
- Football: Both college football and NFL games attract a large number of bettors in Montana, with wagers on point spreads, over/under, and player performance.
- Basketball: Sports bet Montana also includes NCAA and NBA basketball games that capture the attention of sports bettors, who can place bets on game outcomes, player performances, and more.
- Baseball: As the national pastime, baseball offers numerous opportunities for betting, including moneyline bets, run totals, and prop bets.
- Soccer: With its global appeal, soccer has gained popularity in Montana’s sports betting scene. From major leagues to international tournaments, soccer offers diverse betting options.
TOP Montana SPORTS BETTING
DEPOSIT MATCH UP TO $1,000 + $25 FREEPLAY
DEPOSIT $50 OR MORE & RECEIVE $200 FREE PLAY
CASINO DEPOSIT MATCH UP TO $2,000
Best Montana Sportsbooks Offering
BetOnline: Top Montana Sports Betting Site
BetOnline stands as the leading Montana sports betting site, offering an extensive range of sports markets for enthusiasts. With over 20 years of industry experience, it provides a reliable and enjoyable betting experience. From basketball to martial arts and baseball to soccer, BetOnline covers a wide array of sports.
XBet: Ideal for Beginners and Futures Betting
XBet, the second-ranking Montana sportsbook, caters to beginners and specializes in futures wagers. It offers betting options on NFC division winners in the NFL and World Series champions. In-play betting and a dedicated horse racing section with rebates make XBet an enticing choice.
- Bovada: Competitive Odds and HD Streaming
Bovada secures the third spot with its competitive odds and HD streaming capabilities in Montana sports betting. It has gained popularity in the last decade and offers mainstream sports markets along with niche options like futsal and volleyball. Parlay builders and attractive bonuses make Bovada appealing for experienced bettors.
MyBookie: Hassle-Free Online Sports Betting
MyBookie is a hassle-free Montana sportsbook that offers futures wagers across a variety of markets. The site provides regular updates and news, ensuring users stay informed for their betting decisions. Its welcome offer includes a 100% match deposit bonus up to $1,000.
- BetUS: Diverse Sports Markets and Horse Racing Excellence
BetUS completes the top 5 list with its diverse sports markets, including NBA, NFL, and MLB. It stands out as an excellent horse racing site, covering thoroughbred, harness, and fixed-odds races. BetUS offers weekly competitions and attractive promotions, including a 200% matched deposit bonus for crypto users.
What You Can't Bet on in Montana?
While Montana embraces sports betting, there are certain limitations on what can be wagered upon. It is important to note that betting on high school sports events, electronic sports, and non-sporting events such as political elections or entertainment award shows is prohibited.
Montana Sports Betting Popular Bonuses and Promotions
Montana sports betting allows customers to bet on various sports worldwide. Popular leagues like NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL are available for betting, along with European leagues, but with certain location restrictions. The maximum wager allowed is $1,000.
Here are three top bonus offers in Montana:
- TVG: Horse racing betting provider offering free bet bonuses upon signing up.
- XpressBet: Horse racing betting operator providing sign-up bonuses up to a specified amount after an initial deposit.
- AmWager: Offers a deposit match bonus of up to $150 for new registrants, with a 30-day utilization period.
How to Get Started in Montana Sports Betting?
Getting started with MT sports betting is an exciting process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you dive into the action:
- Step 1: Register an Account on BetOnline
To begin using BetOnline, visit their website and click on the “Join Now” button. Fill in your personal information, including name, email, phone number, and date of birth.
- Step 2: Confirm Your Email
After registration, you will receive an email from BetOnline. Click on the verification link provided to confirm your email address. This action is necessary to activate your Montana sports betting account.
- Step 3: Make a Deposit and Claim Bonuses
Once your account is set up, you can deposit funds using various payment methods, such as credit/debit cards or cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin. The amount you deposit determines your bonus amount.
- Step 4: Explore and Place Bets
With your account funded, you can now explore the wide range of betting markets available on BetOnline. Choose the sports and events you want to bet on, and select your desired wager types and stakes.
Montana’s sports betting scene offers a thrilling experience for fans, with clear rules, a rich history, and a wide variety of popular sports to choose from. Enjoy the excitement of wagering on football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and more. Follow the guidelines, make informed choices, and embrace the thrill of real-money betting. Play responsibly and immerse yourself in Montana sports betting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, sports betting is legal in Montana. In 2019, the state passed a law allowing sports betting through licensed establishments and mobile platforms.
Yes, you can bet on college sports in Montana. However, in-state collegiate teams and events are prohibited from wagering.
You can place sports bets in Montana either at licensed sportsbooks or through authorized mobile betting platforms that are available within the state.
In Montana, you can bet on a wide range of sports, including professional leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, as well as international sports events.
Yes, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in sports betting in Montana, whether it’s in-person at a licensed establishment or through a mobile platform.