Delaware Sports Betting Uncover the Best Bets!
Delaware, often referred to as “The First State,” has been at the forefront of legalizing sports betting in the United States. With its rich history and vibrant sports culture, Delaware offers an exciting platform for sports enthusiasts to engage in thrilling wagering activities. In this blog, we will explore the ins and outs of Delaware sports betting, from its historical background to the rules and regulations governing the industry. We will also delve into the popular sports for betting, the limitations on betting options, and provide a comprehensive guide on getting started with Delaware sports betting. Let’s dive in!
Delaware Betting History
Delaware holds the distinction of being one of the first states to embrace sports betting following the Supreme Court’s decision to lift the federal ban on sports wagering in 2018. However, the state had already established a legal framework for limited sports betting back in 2009, which allowed for parlay betting on NFL games. This early introduction to sports betting in Delaware set the stage of its expansion into a full-scale sports wagering market in 2018, enabling residents and visitors to enjoy a wider range of betting options across various sports.
Delaware Sports Betting Rules and Regulations
Delaware legalized sports betting in 2009 with HB 100, which authorized the director of the Delaware Lottery to establish a sports lottery. The goal was to generate revenue, protect jobs, and keep collegiate events involving Delaware schools out. Because the state’s existing parlay product was deemed legal under PASPA, lawmakers sought to expand betting activities. Due to legal constraints, Delaware continued to offer only parlay products.
Delaware claimed new legislation was unnecessary to permit sports betting following the repeal of PASPA in 2018. The three retail locations approved for such activities are now the center of attention for implementing sports betting logistics. This made it possible for Delaware to take advantage of the legal system and provide sports betting to its citizens and visitors.
Here are the main highlights of the Delaware sports betting law:
- Sports betting is permitted at the three racinos in Delaware. While online sports betting is legal, there are currently no active online bookmakers operating in the state.
- The three casinos share an annual license fee of $4.5 million, which is not exclusively tied to sports betting. The fee is distributed proportionately based on each property’s share of the video lottery market.
- Revenues generated from sports betting in Delaware are subject to a 50% tax rate imposed by the state.
Popular Sports for Betting in Delaware
Delaware boasts a passionate sports culture, and bettors have a wide array of sports to choose from when placing their wagers. The most popular sports for betting in Delaware include football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and golf. Whether it’s betting on NFL games, NBA matchups, MLB tournaments, or thrilling soccer championships, Delaware sports betting offers a diverse range of options to cater to every sports enthusiast’s preferences.
TOP Delaware SPORTS BETTING
DEPOSIT MATCH UP TO $1,000 + $25 FREEPLAY
DEPOSIT $50 OR MORE & RECEIVE $200 FREE PLAY
CASINO DEPOSIT MATCH UP TO $2,000
Top Legal Sportsbooks in Delaware Sports Betting
A reputable offshore gambling site that offers a comprehensive sportsbook with early betting line releases, providing competitive odds and attracting many bettors.
- Sports Sign-up Bonus: 50% welcome bonus up to $1,000.
- Reload Bonus: 25% reload bonus up to $250.
- $25 Risk-free Prop Builder Bonus: Receive $25 in free play if your initial wager is unsuccessful.
Known for its user-friendly interface and exciting live betting suite, MyBookie is a top choice in Delaware online sports betting who’re looking to engage in live or in-play wagering.
- Sports Sign-up Offer: 50% up to $1,000 using promo code B2C100.
- 25% Sports Reload: 25% up to $1,000.
- Referral Program: Receive 200% up to $200.
Formerly known as Intertops, Everygame underwent a rebranding in 2020 and now offers a fresh look, an array of new features, diverse betting lines, and the option to build parlay wagers on multiple sports.
- Sports Sign-up Offer: Receive 100% up to $250 over the first three deposits.
With its diverse betting options and mobile-optimized website, XBet is considered one of the best sports betting apps in Delaware, offering convenience and an enjoyable user experience.
- Sports Sign-up Offer: Get 50% up to $500 using promo code B2CXB.
- Sports Reload Bonus: Get 25% up to $250 using promo code INSIDERS.
This Delaware sports betting site stands out for its unique features and generous welcome promotions, especially for crypto bettors. It provides an enhanced betting experience and attracts those seeking exciting rewards.
- Sports Sign-up Offer: Get 100% up to $2,500 using promo code INSIDERS.
- Crypto Sports Sign Up Offer: Get 100% up to $2,500 using promo code INSIDERS.
As a recently launched betting site, Lucky Block offers a range of exciting features and focuses on cryptocurrency transactions. With instant payouts, zero transaction fees, and anonymous transacting, it appeals to bettors who prefer quick withdrawals and crypto-centric platforms.
- Sports Sign-up Offer: Get 200% up to $10,000 + 50 free spins.
What You Can't Bet on in Delaware?
While sports betting Delaware provides an extensive selection of sports for betting, there are certain limitations on what you can’t bet on. Delaware law prohibits betting on collegiate sporting events involving Delaware-based teams. This measure is in place to protect the integrity of amateur and collegiate sports and avoid any potential conflicts of interest. However, betting on collegiate sports from other states is permitted, allowing bettors to enjoy a wide range of college matchups.
How to Get Started in Delaware Sports Betting?
- Choose a Sportsbook : Delaware sports betting has three retail sportsbooks available. Consider proximity and read reviews to decide which one to visit.
- Register in Person : You must visit a racino to place sports bets because online gambling is prohibited in Delaware. Visit Murphy’s Race and Sports Book, Moneyline Sports Bar & Lounge or Bally’s Dover Race & Sports Book to join.
- Explore Bonus Offers : While welcome bonuses are more common for online sportsbooks, there might be occasional promotions available at retail locations.
- Make a Deposit : Payment methods may vary at each retail sportsbook, so it’s advisable to confirm which options they support. If Delaware online sports betting becomes available, a wider range of deposit options can be expected, such as credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, and electronic transfers.
- Choose Bet Types : Retail sportsbooks in Delaware offer various bet types, including point spreads, totals (Over/Under), moneylines, parlays, futures, and more.
- Place Your Bets : Confirm your bets with a teller or use a self-serve betting kiosk to finalize your selections.
- Withdraw Your Winnings : Visit the casino cage to claim your winnings. Keep in mind that there may be minimum and maximum withdrawal limits in place.
In conclusion, Delaware sports betting opens the door to an exciting world of sports wagering, where enthusiasts can engage in legal and regulated betting activities. With a wide range of popular sports, transparent regulations, and convenient banking options, Delaware provides an immersive and enjoyable experience for both casual and seasoned bettors. So, whether you’re a fan of football, basketball, baseball, or any other thrilling sport, Delaware has something to offer for everyone seeking the adrenaline rush of sports betting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, sports betting is legal in Delaware. The state legalized sports betting in 2018 after a Supreme Court ruling overturned the federal ban on sports betting outside of Nevada.
In Delaware, you can bet on a wide range of sports, including professional and college sports such as football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and more. However, betting on Delaware-based college teams is not allowed.
Yes, online sports betting is available in Delaware. The state allows residents and visitors to place sports bets through authorized online platforms, providing convenient access to sports betting options.
No, you do not have to be a resident of Delaware to place sports bets. The state allows both residents and visitors to participate in sports betting activities, provided they are within Delaware’s borders when placing their bets.
Yes, you must be at least 21 years old to engage in sports betting in Delaware. The legal age requirement ensures compliance with state regulations and responsible gambling practices.